Saturday, November 29, 2008

Winter Solstice

Can you believe that it is now end of November? I think this year moves along too fast for me. I need to catch my breath. I remembered the last time I made glutinuous rice balls and it is very soon next month before it is time to have the same occasion again.

I want to get the ready made glutinuous rice balls that are available ready in many colours from the frozen section. I got a packet of that last year and used it to make bo bo cha cha for my family. It was pink in colour and the kids love it. Furthermore, it was very cute and mini in size and very easy to consume.

Commercial ones, Tang Yuan with fillings like Sesame, Peanut, Red Bean are available all year long but the ones that are plain are available end of the year, usually on the 22nd of December where it is marked as Birthday for all, according to Chinese traditions.

No comments: